Tuesday, February 3, 2009

N is for nerd.

Hello, my newly southern ladies.

I have a confession. Today I went to the Hillsdale College bookstore. Instead of coming out with a new sweater or something of that nature I came out with...books!! Several of them. From a bookstore! Holy crap, who does that?!? And, here's the nerdy part, they were not even for any classes. They were just for fun!! To demonstrate how "fun" they are, I shall name them and give a brief description!!

"The Law" by Frederic Bastiat, famous economist who also wrote about laws, politics, and ethics.

"The Conservative Mind: From Burke to Eliot" by Russell Kirk. Gives a chronology of famous conservative thinkers throughout time.

And the next 3 are specifically published by The Hillsdale College Press, where famous people, professors, etc. write essays or academic papers on certain topics.

"Between Power and Liberty: Economics and the Law."

"Man and State: Religion, Society, and the Constitution."

"America's Entitlement Society."


Ohmy!Ohmy!
I am still sometimes shocked at my level or dorkiness.
[SO EXCITED TO READ THESE!!!!]

4 comments:

  1. ooooohgoodness.
    n is for nerd.
    but, that's ok, cause ....the conservative mind
    sounds like a good read :)
    and, i must confess, that i too,
    have played with the idea of spending a day,
    in the WSU bookstore, and buying interesting books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmlyssiepants...
    where are you going to put those books once we get an apartment (because staying here is my new thing). maybe in a box, under a bed...so no one sees.
    or on a bookshelf..with really smart books...so we look smarty. yeah!! i like that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of smartysmarty books from Hillsdale! Yeah! We'll display them! But you know 95% of the time we will not be doing smarty things....because playing and being children of the darkness is better.

    I'm glad that staying in MN is your new thing [for now lol]!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is my new thing [fornow it will probably change tomorrow] ohwellohwell.

    ReplyDelete